Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Inspiration and a laugh... ha ha

So I’ve become a huge fan of the blog Paisley Print Shoes (http://www.paisleyprintshoes.com/) …. For many reasons
  1. Because they’ve been super sweet and very supportive of my little shop  North South Creations.
  2. Did I mention super sweet
  3. I love the different taste they both bring to the blog and the funny personal stories they tell
  4. and many more reasons
Well I was reading their blog the other day (yes I’m a blog stalker) and I had to laugh because Jen put up a picture on their blog of a sign that she could relate to and I can honestly say a few years ago – I could relate as well J
 It said:

 “ Old People at weddings always poke me and say ‘You’re next.’ So, I started doing the same things to them at funerals.” (credit: girlfromparis tumblr)

The joy of being single and having others say “you might be next” or say “there is someone out there for you” – UGH!  I use to hate hearing those things especially as I got closer to my 30s, I never felt complete panic, but there is no doubt that everyone wants to put that panic in you.  So I could relate to Jen’s little excerpt about people tell her they found the perfect guy for her.  Yes, I have to admit – I laughed and it made my day but it was because I could completely relate.

So while I was home, with my amazing husband of just over a year (long story- I’ll tell it if anyone is interested), I came up with a great idea of mixing a Jane Austen quote from Pride and Prejudice and putting our own little twist on it – not only for my past (pre-marriage) but also for Jen J

“it is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman must be in want of a husband” (that is my twist on it)




If you’ve read Pride and Prejudice you know this is the first written sentence of the book, but it reads a little differently J  So here is the cup that I put this little saying on for not only Jen and I, but also for the so many other woman out there that are and were sick of hearing “I’ve found him for you”! J

In case anyone is curious – I did find mine and I was 30 (so not too much of an “old maid” and some people thought J) Here is a picture of us - being patient and waiting was so worth it! (and putting up with all those sayings )

So thanks Jen for the laugh – hope you enjoy

Also - you can follow us on facebook if you'd like :)  hint, hint :)

3 comments:

  1. Duh a single girl MUST be in want of a husband!! :) This post made my day!! I LOVE it!!! :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I was just re-reading this (because it makes me so happy) and I think we should all get together, drink so me coffee in one of your mugs and hear about how you and your hubs met. since we're practically bff's. :)
    p.p.s. i LOVE my mr darcy mug...we will be blogging about it soon. a-ma-zing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - Thrilled you like this post..... Yes - we do need to meet up someday and have coffee.... and yes - I'll tell you how my hubby and I met :) Since we are practically bffs (which is awesome :)) So glad you got the mug and that you like it :) I might have to send you one of these single woman mugs :)

    ReplyDelete