Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Admit...

I admit….I love anything vintage, I love old books, I love old movies, I love Gone with the Wind, I love Jane Austen, I love something old created into something new.

I cry when I see the smile on an old person’s face, the true delight of a simple thing or task and realize how trivial I can be sometimes.

I found a new love for crafts, sewing and try to find something beautiful amongst the ugly or pain.  I love to photograph old buildings, old things, detail and even food.  I love to bake: bake bread, cookies, pies, scones, anything new and fun; but I also love to cook – the Food Channel and Turner Classic Movies are some of my favorite channels if I had cable.

Recently, I had the opportunity of visiting a cute place in Northern Michigan called White Pine Village.  Setup as an old city – they have old buildings such as a post office, a court house, general store from all around its surrounding counties.  This was the first time I had been there and I loved everything about it – the details ,the beauty, the vintage :)

So here are a few pictures – I hope you enjoy – I’ll try to share more later on.  I plan to also blog about a new creations – taking a vintage map and creating a small journal!  To write your secrets down, for autographs or to write the next Pride and Prejudice :)




No comments:

Post a Comment